Julio Calderon Costello

On Friday, January 23rd, our beloved father, Costello1 passed through the veil and was reunited with his Heavenly Father and our beautiful mother.

Julio was born on August 27 1926 to Julio Costello Sr. and Ysaura Costello, in Park City, Utah.  Soon after he was born they returned to Mexico where they lived for a few years.  When dad was 11, they returned to the United States and settled in Riepetown, Nev.  When dad was about 20 years old, he was in downtown Ely and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever seen crossing the street. He found out she was LaRue Bybee and was determined she would be his.  They married on February 2, 1948 in the LDS Church in Ely.  They were blessed with three children, and were sealed in the St. George Temple of the LDS Church in 1963.

Dad worked in Ely at the Harvey Young Co. for 25 years.  He left to take over the Montgomery Ward Catalog Store in Ely.  He later ran his own business until retirement. He served as White Pine County Commissioner for 12 years, and really loved working with so many good people.

Julio is predeceased by his mother and father, his wife LaRue, a granddaughter Shaunna Cherpeski, a son in law, Danny Britton, 1 brother and 4 sisters.  He is survived by 1 sister and 2 brothers.  He leaves behind daughters Terri Sue (Vince) Cherpeski, Peggy Britton, son David (Erin) Costello, 15 grandchildren, 36 great grandchildren, and 3 great, great grandchildren.

Funeral services will be on Sat. Jan, 31 at 11:00 AM. at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Visitation will be at 10:00 AM.

Get the latest news, alerts, and more from The Ely Times straight to your inbox.

Comments

1. Lee and Sharon Duncan says:

We shall miss both your Dad and Mom for the wonderful memories we derived by serving in the MIA program in Ely. We think often of their direction and friendship as we served together putting on Gold and Green Balls, and especially when he directed the Blue Ribbon Affair put on by the Ely Nevada Stake. Both he and Larue were special friends of ours. May you be blessed by the good memories you have from such wonderful parents.
    Lee and Sharon Duncan – Salt Lake City

• Marcia Adams says:

I grew up withTerri Sue, David and Peggy, Their dad was a wonderful man, he and LaRue were wonderful parents, wonderful members of the comunity and as long as I can remember (from my young childhood on) they were always very active in the LDS church. They loved the Lord, it was obvious in the way they conducted their lives. I remember one day Julio was walking down the street and Pres. David O. McKay stoped and talked to him on the street and told Julio that he was a good man. And he was his entire life. His children followed in his footsteps. Bless all of you.
      Marcie

2. Esther Marie Versch says:

i am sorry to hear about the passing of Julio Calderon Costello. My husband and I saw him and his lovely wife last at the All class reunion in 2000. Julio his parents and family were our neighbors in Rieptown Nevada . My Mother and father were good friends of Julio’s parents my sister and I remember Julio and his sisters and brother Adolph we were all young in our teens . My sincerest sympathy to Julio’s family in your loss and may our Lord help you through this sad time.

3. Donna Frederick says:

My sincerest sympathy goes out to the family of Julio Costello. What a wonderful friend and all round good man Julio was. He and the beautiful women he met and married, had a love affair that lasted a lifetime. May they both rest in peace no they are together again, safe in our Father’s arms.

4. Bob and Marilyn Shields says:

Julio and LaRue were two of our greatest friends while we lived in Ely for 12+ years. They were always a pleasure to be around, fun loving, dependable, gracious, people who seemed to care more about you than themselves. We miss them both and now you kids have a great tradition to carry forward of being some of the best people that your friends look up to. Our condolences at this time with the loss of your Dad.

5. Dennis R Petty says:

David, I am so sorry to hear about your father. He was a great guy. All the best to you and your family.

6. McCain and Kareen Bybee says:

Dear Family
    We just learned today of the passing of your father. Even though LaRue was my Cousin, because of their age difference to me I saw them through the years as almost my Aunt and Uncle. Julio was a favorite relative of mine. He loved the youth of Ely and lived a life of a Latter-day Saint. He will be missed in this life, but is enjoying a grand reunion on the other side of the veil.

My the peace of the Spirit of the Lord attend you during these times of change.

McClain and Kareen Bybee – as well as Aunt Jane A. Bybee (Las Vegas, Nevada)

7. Keith Robertson says:

Julio, thank you for being a great mentor and an incredible example of a priesthood man as I grew up in the Ely 3rd ward.

8. Joy Crane says:

Dear Family, I just found this this today and the first thing that came to mind, Julio and LaRue are together again. When I moved next door, I had no idea how much love I would feel from neighbors and the lessons I would learn. I felt love and caring I had not felt since the passing of my own parents. I was honored when they would invite me into their home and talk to me just as I was one of their own. They blessed so many people and I know that the love and values they had are carried on in your hearts and all the family. Everyone who had the honor of meeting them were blessed to be touch by them, I know I was, And still so by knowing that Julio and LaRue are now with heavenly father preparing and looking down upon us all. God bless you all and know that you too will always hold a special place in heart forever.