DENVER, CO – Midway Gold Corp.’s subsidiaries, Midway Gold US Inc. and Nevada Talon, LLC (collectively, the “Company” or “Midway”), executed an asset purchase agreement (the “Asset Purchase Agreement”) to sell its 30% interest in the Spring Valley project and certain other assets to Solidus Resources, LLC, an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Waterton Precious Metals Fund II Cayman, LP (“Waterton”), for US$25 million.  As announced on November 12, 2015, the parties previously reached an agreement in principle for the sale of the Company’s 30% interest in the Spring Valley project and Waterton also announced that it will be acquiring the remaining 70% interest in the Spring Valley project from Barrick Gold Exploration Inc. in a separate transaction.  The parties have executed the Asset Purchase Agreement to finalize the terms and conditions of the sale, which is subject to approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado (the “Court”), where the Company filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 of Title 11 of the United States Code on June 22, 2015.  The Company will file a motion with the Court requesting authorization of the transaction.

Additional information and other materials related to the restructuring, including documents filed with the Court regarding the matters referenced above, are available at http://dm.epiq11.com/MidwayGold.

Ely Banner 1

Ely Banner 2


Ely Banner 3


Ely Banner 4